www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Tracker

Thursday, May 15, 2008

My super Fabulous Mothers day!

It's no big secret that my hubby has now been traveling back and forth for the past 4 months, with the usual every other weekend visit home and it is also no big secret that he came home 2 weekends in a row in April because he had many travels planned in May. Beginning with his annual "Hackmaster Tour" golf trip followed by a few days in Idaho to celebrate Tanners graduation. He'll be back in Minnesota for about 24 hours or so and then he's off to Germany!! Yeah, I'm just a little bitter about that one. Any who.. I was all set for the long 4 weeks before I would see him again. (Yes I was trying very hard to stay positive about it even though inside I was freaking out a bit.) So to help take the edge off, my good friend Laura and I decided to take the Saturday before Mothers Day to have a "Mothers only" Day and go shopping. Todd D. was wonderful and watched all the kids including Kate.

We had a great time, spending way to much money at TJ Max then heading over to the mall and having dinner. In the mean time Todd was ordering pizza for the kids. All was taken care of. After a few hours out we decided it was time to resume our responsibilities as mothers and headed back to the house.

Just as we pulled into the drive way, my phone rang. It was my Todd just wondering how my day was going. I told him spent way to much of his hard earned money and he just laughed. Anyway, I unloaded all my stuff and put it in my car and followed Laura into the house all the while talking with Todd. As I walked into the house I was telling Todd that I had better get off the phone, but he just kept on talking when I finally realized Todd D. standing there with a big ol' goober smile on his face, Laura all giddy and an echo in my ear. Right then it all clicked. I had just gotten the best Mothers Day gift ever. MY HUSBAND. I start chasing the voice around the house and into the front yard where just seconds before I was standing. Anyway, it was wonderful. We hung out with the Dennings for a little while longer (who by the way knew that Todd had been planning this for 3 weeks or so....) and then went back home. As we pulled into the driveway, Todd popped out of the car just quick enough to say that the kids wanted to go pick out a few gifts for mom.. I actually had the house to myself for almost 2 full hours.. That hasn't happened in a L-o-n-g time.

Woke up on Sunday morning, was able to jump in the shower and get ready for church without any interuptions and walk down stair to my most favorite breakfast ever.. Biscuits and sausage gravy!! Yummy!! I then opened my gifts. From Jacob I received a very unique gift. It is basically a lotion applicator on a handle.. A very "nice" pen from the dollar section at Target and a graduation penguin.. I love my penguin.. From Hailey I received a wonderful spa pillow that goes in my tub, wonderful and a gift card to Target. From Kate I received a relaxation CD,
which I have in my car and the kids are already sick of. They would rather be listening to Ricky Martin... and a Itunes gift card because she thinks she has better music than me and I need to up our library. Anyway, wonderful, useful gifts.. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful, thoughtful family who think of ways to help me keep calm. I am also grateful that I have a very caring husband who is able to be here with me even when he is away.

The rest of my day went like this.. Went to church. First hour was sacrament. Kate was the youth speaker for Mothers Day and she did wonderful. Much better than I could have ever done. Also the YW sang to all the mothers (yes I was up there too only because I'm in the presidency, and for the record I did sing!!) After sacrament meeting the sisters stayed in the chapel, the youth and priesthood took over all of our teaching assignments and we were able to enjoy a brunch put on in our honor. It was so nice to be able to just mingle with everyone. Although we did get a little loud in there at some points.. Todd then taught us sisters a lesson on the priesthood which in my opinion went extremely well and kept us all interested, which is hard to do when you have that many women in one place. So thanks honey!! Once that was over it was time to go home. And I wasn't allowed to lift a finger so the rest of my day was spent on the couch reading my books.

I couldn't have asked for a better Mothers Day!

4 comments:

GrowingRopers said...

Todd gave a GREAT lesson. Parts of it have come to mind almost every day sense he gave it! What a blessing when a worthy preisthood leader touches our lives. tell him A+

Mother 25 - 8 said...

Hey Jayme! My mother's day breakfast (a week later cuz I get a weekend mother's day and the camp out interrupted all that) was also biscuits and sausage gravy!

Laura D said...

yummy biscuits and sausage gravy! ok i echo the part about spending too much at tjmaxx- especially on my cute red shoes- that i will hardly ever wear

Jayme said...

But the shoes were so worth it!! I wish my feet were small enough to wear cute shoes like that!!