www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Tracker

Sunday, September 7, 2008

One Month Later! :(

It is one month today since we had to leave our beloved friends in Waynesboro. It has been a big adjustment going from having play dates for my kids and mommy play dates from me on a regular basis to ..... Nothing! Well I can't say nothing. We have had plenty of excitement going on to last a lifetime.

We began our trip by flying out on August 7th, with Todd, myself, Kaitlyn, Hailey, Jacob and my canine son, Max. Poor Max, our spoiled dog, who is used to riding front seat in my car had to ride inside his kennel all the was to Washington DC. He was not feeling the love from us that night. He did although get to sleep with us in the hotel room this time instead of having to stay in the car. The next morning was nuts, getting kids up, ready, in the car and then having to drug our dog... I am not one who likes to medicate anyone. I will put it off until I absolutely have no choice because I feel the human body is amazing and can do basically anything itself if you treat it right, but in this case poor Max had to fly in the belly of the plane for the first time ever. He probably would have done just fine, but anyone who has met Max knows that when he wants attention he whines..... Loud..... And with three kids on the plane the last thing I needed to worry about was the dog!

Anyway, by the time we arrived to the airport, the drugs had taken affect. He was so out of it, He looked like he was trying to walk on ice. Legs slipping out from beneath him, he was walking into anything that got in his way, and it looked like his eyes were falling out of his head. Too funny (now.) I wish I would have gotten a picture of it.

Thankfully we arrived in Minneapolis safe and sound. It was time to reveal the big surprise to Kaitlyn, who's birthday we flew on, that we were staying right there for two days to do nothing but shop. This time it was her eyes I was trying to keep in her head. It was a great two days. We shopped at the Mall of America at her favorite stores which was made even better by her Aunts and Grandma who gave her money for her birthday. By the time it was all said and done the girls had recieved $325.00 and had spent $315.00. Well worth it!

OK so now I have to put in the highlight of my two days in Minneapolis. While we were there driving to breakfast one morning we heard on the radio that there was a free concert at the MOA. Guess who was playing.. Guess, wait for it!! Your going to love this. NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK... OK, I was re-living my early teen years. Oh I was in heaven, showing Kate all the dance moves, yes right there in the mall, singing as loud as I could.. HMMMMMMM that was so fun!!

We also stopped over at IKEA and bought the furniture for Kaitlyns room who was up in the rotation for having her room decorated first. What a birthday!

After some more fun in the waterpark, we decided to head off on our five and half hour drive home to the country. The kids did great after we stopped and picked up a dvd player and some movies.

Once we got here there wasn't a whole lot to do but sit and wait for our stuff to arrive.

No comments: