Don't you love it when someone finally listens to what you've been saying for years. About two weeks ago Hailey came down with some sort of virus which she was put on antibiotics for because it had caused an ear infection. During that same appointment I talked to the doctor about Jacobs hearing (different post.) She agreed that she would take a look. When they did we realized he couldn't hear that well. After cleaning his earwax out and putting him on an antibiotic to see if it would clear some of the fluid out his ears his ears and hearing were the same. I was a little disappointed but after almost 2 1/2 years someone is finally agreeing with me that we need to do something about it! Thurday (yesterday) Jacob and I went to the ENT to see what we would need to do in order to clear his ears up. So the diagnosis was that he will need to have his tonsils and adnoids out and at the same time have tubes put into his ears. All of this will happen on June 26. I know that this is a very common surgery, but I don't know what it is about having your own children going "under the knife," but I'm a little freaked out. Plus I know how much it hurts to have your tonsils out so I'm going to have to work on my sympathetic mom rutine because I'm not so good at that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I had the same problem with Aspen and ended up in speech therapy because the Dr. insisted there was nothing really wrong with her hearing, now Ryder is starting to speak the same way she did leaving the ending sounds off, and I'm going to be a little more demanding this time, cuz I think our problem could be solved with just tubes--at the very least I want to see a ENT DR.
:o( I am sorry!!! I know it it hard when your children are sick. All you wish is that it could be you instead!!! I will be praying for your son and family that he will have a easy recovery and for you and your hubby not to be scared or anxious!!! Isn't it nice to FINALLY get to the bottom of it. Now you can start doing the steps to help him feel/get better!!!
Tony just had the EXACT same thing done in May. I wish I could say that it wasn't so bad, but the first day sucked. He went in first thing in the morning, well, I blogged about it. Bright side, he made his way to the food both at Abby's school carnival 36hrs after surgery and ate two hot dogs, cotton candy, ice cream, and soda. It seems his tummy ache was from jello not cutting it, not the anesthesia and morphine! His hearing has greatly improved. We whisper across the room and he hears it. Just be ready for him to be covering his ears and asking for things to be turned down all the time.
Post a Comment