
Friday was my birthday and my friends Laura and Erika and our 10 kids went out to Mexican at a great restaurant Mi Rancho. Yum. Later that day I hung out at the Dennings for awhile and they invited my kiddos to spend the night there with them. So off I go all alone back home to wait for my hubby who was supposed to be home at 3:30 in the afternoon, but didn't actually get home until 11:49pm. It was pretty funny. I heard the car pull up, garage door motor run, back door open/close, Todd running across the house and up the stairs and fly into our room and say, "phew (as he is fake wiping the sweat from his brow) I made it, here is your present ON YOUR BIRTHDAY!!" Box in hand with just ten minutes to spare!! Thanks honey!!
Saturday, we got up and went to pick up our kids and brought our kids to the Lassen birthday party.. Boy do they know how to throw a party! 20-something kids and they were so entertained the whole time in 95 degree weather. Hope your lawn recovers from the slip-n-slide! We then went home and relaxed for a couple of hours and brought our kids over to Erika so we could go out for my Birthday dinner at the Melting Pot. I've only been there twice, but both times have been so great! Got home around 10:00 picked up the kids and went to bed.
Sunday, made it to church in time for Sacrament. Listen to great speakers and had a great lesson in Sunday School. Later that evening we had the missionaries and the Lassens over for dinner and a lesson on repentance (whoo, did I need that one) and missionary work. Sorry Matt and Erika for not being a better example on Sunday! After dinner we hurried and set up for Jacob's mock birthday party since Todd wouldn't be here on his actual birthday.
Monday we woke up to Jacob in our bed which was great. He is such a cuddler. Anyway, Hailey came running in and promtly told Jacob that he had presents waiting for him on the table down stairs. So we went down stairs and had Jacobs favorite breakfast, cereal, and then opened presents. We all played with his new toys and later took Jacob out Applebee's for lunch. When we came home, we got hubby packed up and sent him on his way and I put the kids in front of the babysitter (Wii) and I took a 2 hour nap.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Our whirlwind of a weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a great weekend.
Happy Birthday Jayme!! What a schmuck I am to forget when your birthday was. Maybe next year I'll remember. It sounds like a fabulous time! I love the Melting Pot. I went there for my birthday last year and ate so much I got sick! Best food ever!
I didn't realize how busy that weekend was, even being there for some of it, until I read it!! That was VERY BUSY Jayme!!!! Holy Cow!!!!
Post a Comment