www.my-calorie-counter.com     The webs free Calorie Tracker

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bad Day

Ok, so life is taking a new turn for us. We are leaving "mother" Target to begin a new chapter in Northern Minnesota. With this I knew life would begin to get a little tough, new trials, new triumphs, I just didn't know that they would begin so quickly.

Todd and I took the past week cleaning out our garage. This way when it came time to start showing our house, people could at least see the potential of parking their vehicles in the proper place. Lone behold, it freed up enough room for my vehicle to fit in our garage. First time since we moved in a year ago. First day we did great. Parked with enough room to close the door. Next day, not so lucky.. Todd took my car to run and bring the dog to vet. I heard him open the garage door signaling that he was home. The next sound was not so welcoming. He came into the house with a scoul on his face. Seems the sound I heard corresponded with him pulling a little to far into the garage and putting two little holes into the garage wall. Needless to say, this put me into a little giggle. NOT making the situation better. Anyway, I went out and looked at the wall. It really didn't look to bad. Nothing a little spackle couldn't fix. But I could just sence that our dispositions were changing with Todds upcoming departure lingering in the air. This quickly put me into my pitty mood. Thinking of all that had to be done before we even attemted to market our house. Which reminded me with Todd being gone, it was now my "chore."

We continued on with our day, Todd going off to his last day of Target, and me hanging out with the kids and doing my daily chores. With the kids out of school this day, we decided to have a couple of friends over. Around 11 o'clock we headed out to the car, which is now parked in the garage, to run and pick up the kids friends. I opened the garage door, piled the kids in, jumped in the car myself, started the engine, put the car into reverse, released the brake and slowly started to back out, when from nowhere I started hearing horrible cracking noises. YES, those were the noises of me backing into my garage door, pushing it off of the runner. I pulled forward (careful not to put more holes into the wall, which has happened earlier this day) and jumped out to see how bad the damage was. Apparently the door had stalled about two-thirds of the way up, and my "little" push helped open it the rest of the way plus some. So far, in fact, that the cords were so wound up with each other I couldn't even pull the emergency cord to release the door from the motor. At my boiling point by this time I decide the best thing for me to do is just to continue on with my journey to pick up our friends and deal with my dilema later.

I called Todd and let him know that we had another issue to deal with as far as repairs to the house. He begins to do his normal 20 questions, "who, what, where, when, how did this happen," which is not helpful at all, and in the most kind voice I can muster at this time let him know that he can basically shut-up, and just tell me what to do.

I called an unnamed company asking if they could possibly come out and fix the darn door for me. This is the response I get.

"Umm, What's your name?, Where do you live, What happened? hehehehe.. Ummm, well, I'll have to check with scheduling to see if we can get out to you today." Remember this is 11:30 when I make this call. "I'll call you back as soon as I get an answer" Click.

I wait and wait and wait. No call....... Then the phone rings, it's Todd. "Did you get ahold of anyone?"

Not yet, they are SUPPOSED to be giving me a call back.

"Did you only call one place? Why didn't you call 3 or 4?"

Because I didn't think I would need to Todd, please don't start with me....

"Well call some other places? Who was that other guy who helped us before?"

Again Todd, enough with the 20 questions. I don't know who the other guy was.

"Ok, well let me know. I'll be leaving soon. I should be home in 45 minutes or so."Ok see you when you get home. This is at 2:45

He finally calls me at around 4:30pm (yes, a very long 45 minutes later) "I'm on my way and I found the card of the other garage door company and the guy is on his way. Call the "unnamed" company and tell them we don't need them anymore..

OK, so not only is he late coming home, but he gets to walk away with this looking like the hero. Now I'm not a prideful person, but come on.

Anyway, needless to say we have a garage door that is in working condition and all is well. And my husband is yet again my hero!

No comments: