Ok, so I'm really lousy at this blog thing. You would think with everything going on lately I would have lots to write, but nothing comes to mind. I guess I'll just fill in the past couple of weeks.
Our house is on the market! Here's the link to it http://www.realtor.com/Prop/1097407521 What a pain trying to keep my house clean constantly. I need to sign up for that Flylady.com thing. I may be able to hold to a better schedule then. To top it off, with all this cleaning I've been doing, (ok not just me, I've really been putting Kate to work,) we've only had ONE showing. I'm never going to sell my house that way. Oh well, I guess it only takes one person to walk through and love it! Also, if we sold today, I'd being stressing. We aren't able to move until the beginning of July.
On a positive note, we got our landscaping done. Well, they are just about complete. I know many would say "why put the money into landscaping if your moving?," but if you saw what the builder left us with, you would have driven right on by our house without a second look. Anyway, I love all the plants outside. Can't wait for them to start blooming. They are great! I went out to water the other night and it took almost two full hours to hand water them all. After all that it rained later that night. Oh well, it was peaceful being out there all alone.
We have also finally picked what house we are moving to. This has been a struggle. At first we didn't think we were going to be happy with anything there. Yes as humble I try to stay in my mind and with material things, trying to live within the gospel standards, Todd and I have a standard of living we have gotten used too. This made it very difficult to choose a house in Thief River Falls. But our patients paid off (we hope). We found a beautiful house with 14 acres near other homes with about the same acrage or more. Most of these homes have young children living in them. Yay for my kiddos. They would be awful bored if we moved them to the country and they didn't have a soul to play with!
Todd is doing well. He is loving his new position and the company he works for. They are a very humble, down home company. Todd is very excited for the "Hackmaster Tour" in May along with his brother Tylers wedding and his oldest sons graduation. Phew, he made it, one down, four more to go!
Me, I'm doing well. Adjusting to the single parenthood with a conjugal visit every other week or so. But by the time Todd is home, I'm so exhausted that I'm asleep by the time he get to bed anyway, so really he comes home to be a nanny. No really life is going really well at home. I haven't had the need to string up my kids. They've been great.
Kate is doing well. She has been the biggest help to me. Stepping up to the plate anytime I'm in need. She has also been able to head off to the lake with Nicole, which she completely loves. She has also been able to have her friend Jai over a few times. When she is over I don't even know they are here. Good kids.
Hailey is doing great also. Her teacher is back from maternity leave and Hailey is sure happy about that, although she did have a bit of a breakdown when the long-term sub left. She loved Mrs. Cadaray, but like I said loves that fact that Mrs. Pierce is back.
Jacob is great also. He is the one who is struggling the most with dad being gone. He is a mamma's boy, but really enjoys his wrestling and gameplaying time with dad. He's doing so well in school and very excited about Kindergarten next fall. One thing I did find out though is that Minnesota is only half-day K. This may sound bad, but I was looking forward to full day! Oh well. Control what I can control. This one is out of my hands so I'll deal with it!
All in all, life is good. Happy family, great friends! I don't need anything else!
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Time for a new post!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Thank you for the info on the rice milk! I have been wondering but I didn't think to ask the doctor where to buy it.
Sounds like you are super busy moving and all! LOVE your house it's beautiful! Where are you moving to?
What about an update about Max? What has he been up to lately? He He
i dont know how you do it, jamie! i'm so glad that its going as smooth as it is though...and i'm sure your home will sell. i would buy it...if i were rich...or even middle class! ;)
I think the title of all your posts are going to be "time for a new post!" I'm not sure how you keep up without a husband to even occasionally pawn your kids off on!!
Post a Comment