that my kids only want my attention if I am busy with something that has to get done.
Todd has been gone now for 2 months and the first month was rough to say the least. But to my amazement these past few weeks have been going quite smoothly. I work on the house, play with the kids, clean some more, play with the kids. Even with me getting sick, the kids did wonderful. They have even been able to play with their friends while I have my "play-dates" making bows. Anyway, point being they have had more of my positive attention in the past couple weeks than they have in the past few months and they have been satisfied with this little arrangement.
But ToDaY has been a different story. I really had somethings that had to get done, so I did my little routine. Wake kids up, get them to school. Come home, clean up some, run off to volunteer in Hailey's class (forgot her lunch, so ran over to McDonalds. I am a winner in her eyes,) pick Jacob up from school, get him lunch, chat with Kaitlyn a bit then explain what they need to get done and that I have to get a few things done. This is the point that both Kaitlyn and Jacob have memory loss. I sit down to write out the check that has to get out in the mail today and before I know it, Jacob is coming to me with a mouthful of food saying he is done and could I go play Shrek on the Wii with him. I tell him no, that I have stuff to finish up. He then wants to know "how many minutes until" I can play Shrek. Then the phone rings and Todd wants to set up his next trip out here. So now I have Jacob in one ear, Todd in the other, and before I know it Kaitlyn is down asking if we can go to the mall to get throw pillows for her bed so her bedding doesn't look so flat!?!
What!! Are you kidding me? I just looked at her and said Kate I'm really busy, can't do it. And pillows are not a nessecity for your bedding!! Jacob go play and leave mommy alone. I'll be up in a minute. Todd whatever works for you, go ahead and book it. Hopefully I can take my 15 minute later!
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Why is it.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Seems like that happens to me all the time. Just when things are semi quiet and the girls are playing so well and I think I have a few quiet moment to make a phone call or go get the mail things start getting crazy!
I feel for you and having your hubby away and not at home. We did that for quite a few months last year while we were waiting for our house to be done. I was staying with my mom and Brandon was in Moses Lake working! I hope things slow down so you can take a 15 minute break!
I can totally hear your voice when I read your blog!
isnt that just how it goes? blessed is the moment when we can get done what needs to done w/out kids in thew way- or better yet when they HELP us get done what we need to!
Post a Comment